(For 3 dozen cookies)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine applesauce, pumpkin, yogurt, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add oat mixture to liquid mixture and stir until well blended.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and almonds to the mix.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet. (I used olive oil, and it worked great!)
- Cookies will not spread out or flatten while baking, so shape them into desired size before placing them in the oven.
- Bake cookies 12-15 minutes, until edges turn light brown.
- Cool on a rack or eat them while warm with a glass of almond milk!