(For 12 muffins)
- 3 medium bananas
- 2.5 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Place paper liners in muffin pan.
- Mash bananas in one bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine baking powder, oats, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, cream together yogurt, applesauce, egg whites, and vanilla. Then stir in bananas and peanut butter, mixing until thick.
- Add the oat mixture to the liquid mixture, stirring just long enough to combine all ingredients. Don’t over-mix!
- Pour batter into muffin tins (about 2/3 full).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool. Enjoy!
Note: These muffins don’t rise like regular muffins, and they may sink in the middles. Trust me, though, they taste delicious! The applesauce makes them so moist and soft!
- Clean Oatmeal Banana Cookies
- How to Host a Clean Eating Cookout
- Clean Oatmeal Almond Pumpkin Cookie Recipe