(Makes 4 servings)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup precooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup peas
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine water and quinoa.
- Bring water to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine shrimp, beans, peppers, onion, and peas in a nonstick frying pan.
- Heat on medium temperature for 5 minutes, until peppers are soft.
- Place quinoa in a bowl, top with shrimp mixture, mix it together, and enjoy!
Note: Brown rice can be used in place of quinoa, and chicken can be used in place of shrimp.