(For about 2 cups of mashed cauliflower)
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. chives
- Dash of pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower and continue to boil for 10 minutes, until tender.
- Drain cauliflower completely.
- In a food processor (or by hand), blend all ingredients until they are a mashed potato consistency.
- Add more spices if desired.
- Serve warm, and store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
This is a perfect way to get an extra serving of vegetables and avoid all the starchy carbs in white potatoes!