(For 4 shortcakes)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1 Tbs. plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbs. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Plain nonfat Greek yogurt (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add applesauce, honey, yogurt, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir until a ball of soft dough forms, using your hands if necessary.
- Place the dough in refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 380°F and grease a cookie sheet.
- Divide the dough evenly into four balls.
- Flatten each ball to about 1/2 ” thick and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the shortcakes cool for a few minutes, and split them in half.
- Top with lots of strawberries!
If desired, add some more yogurt with the strawberries or a drizzle of honey to sweeten it up! These shortcakes are a quick, easy, healthy summer treat!
- Clean Oatmeal Peanut Butter Banana Muffin Recipe
- Clean Oatmeal Almond Pumpkin Cookie Recipe
- Clean Apple Crisp Recipe