- 1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
- 1 (29 oz.) can tomato puree
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup cut mushrooms
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) container all natural ricotta cheese (Be sure the only ingredients are milk, vinegar, and salt. I used Lamagna.)
- 2 large zucchini, sliced into 1/8″ thick strips
- Brown turkey in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Reduce heat and add tomato puree, garlic, salt, paprika, basil, oregano, pepper, onion, mushrooms, and crushed red pepper.
- Heat for a few minutes to let flavors blend, stirring occasionally.
- Lightly sprinkle salt on zucchini and set aside for 10 minutes. (This helps draw out some moisture)
- Blot zucchini with paper towels to remove water.
- In a nonstick frying pan, cook zucchini on medium heat for about 1 minute each side.
- Again, blot off moisture with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, layer meat/sauce mixture, then zucchini ‘noodles,’ then ricotta cheese.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This lasagna has an extra hidden serving of veggies, so it’s super healthy! It is pretty runny depending on how much sauce you use, so you can reduce the amount if desired.