(For 24 poppers)
- 1 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 large carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- Put zucchini and carrot into food processor and pulse until it is finely grated (or grate them both by hand).
- Pour zucchini and carrot onto a paper towel and blot moisture off as much as possible.
- In a mixing bowl, combine zucchini and carrot mixture, onion, flaxseed, egg, and all spices.
- Stir until completely combined.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Make small balls of zucchini mixture and place them on a GREASED cookie sheet. They’ll stick like crazy if you don’t use enough oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly before serving, and enjoy!