I don’t want to toot my own horn, but beep beep!! This chili is the most delicious chili I’ve ever eaten. Actually, I’ve eaten it for about 3 days now since there was so much left over, but I don’t mind one bit!
Before you scroll down to see the recipe for this amazing chili, I must give you a few hints and tips:
- For all canned ingredients, check the ingredients to make sure there aren’t any additives. So many cans of kidney beans I looked at had corn syrup, sugar, or other chemicals added.
- If you don’t like a vegetable I’ve included, simply omit it. It’s that easy!
- If you feel extra creative, add extra veggies!
- If you’re vegetarian or vegan, just omit the turkey, and you’re good to go! You could even add some quinoa instead.
- This chili is kind of thick, so if you like a runnier chili, add more tomato sauce.
- If you like it extra spicy, add more crushed red pepper. I used 1/4 teaspoon, and it was pretty spicy.
- This recipe makes a huge pot, so there will be lots of leftovers for you to enjoy tomorrow!
Now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for… the recipe for veggie-loaded turkey chili!
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 3 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 3 Tbs. chili powder
- 1 Tbs. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- Brown turkey in a small pan over medium heat until fully cooked.
- In a large saucepan, sautee onion, green pepper, red pepper, and zucchini over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the veggies are soft and tender.
- Stir in black beans, kidney beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and turkey.
- Add all the spices and stir everything together until completely combined.
- Reduce heat and simmer for at least one hour.
- Meanwhile, make some clean cornbread!
- Serve chili while hot. It has tons of flavor on its own, but you can top it with avocado slices, green onion, a dollop of plain nonfat Greek yogurt, or some clean crackers.
Enjoy! I can’t wait to make this chili again soon. It’s definitely one of my all-time favorite recipes. I hope you like it as much as I do!