(For 12 biscuits)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbs. raw honey
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut in yogurt a little bit at a time until a crumbly mixture forms.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg, milk, and honey.
- Add it to the crumbly mixture, and combine until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- Drizzle vinegar over dough, and stir a few times.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. They won’t expand, so you can place them close together, but not touching.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the tops of the biscuits turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before eating.
These are the fluffiest whole wheat biscuits I’ve made yet! The recipe I tried yesterday turned out like little rocks, so after changing it up, I came out with these fluffy ones.
They make a great breakfast with clean turkey sausage gravy, which I’ll be posting tomorrow. Be sure to check back for the Monday Munchies Clean Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Recipe!!
- Clean Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
- Clean Graham Cracker Recipe
- Clean Whole Wheat Cracker Recipe
- Clean Cornbread Recipe