Makes 6 servings, 2 biscuits each.
- 6 cups milk (I prefer unsweetened almond, but since it’s so expensive, I use skim.)
- 6 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. rubbed sage
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Brown turkey in a large saucepan over medium heat until fully cooked. Remove from heat, and allow pan to cool slightly.
- Add salt, pepper, sage, ginger, and cayenne pepper to turkey and stir until it’s coated.
- Pour in milk.
- Stir in cornstarch.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until it comes to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Let simmer until it reaches desired consistency or until biscuits are done.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbs. raw honey
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut in yogurt a little bit at a time until a crumbly mixture forms.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg, milk, and honey.
- Add it to the crumbly mixture, and combine until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- Drizzle vinegar over dough, and stir a few times.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. They won’t expand, so you can place them close together, but not touching.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the tops of the biscuits turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before eating.
Once your biscuits and gravy are done cooking, slap two biscuits on your plate, coat them in gravy, and dig in! If you like a maple flavor with your sausage, drizzle a little pure maple syrup on top of your biscuits and gravy for a sweet treat!
- Clean Mexican Eggs & Quinoa Recipe
- Clean Honey Whole Wheat Flaxseed Pancakes Recipe
- Clean Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Recipe