I made this recipe completely on accident! I had some dates I needed to use up, so I was going to make some pastry crust for mini fruit tarts. But when I got done making the date and nut “crust,” I tasted a little and realized I just made the most delicious accident in my life! There aren’t even pecans in this recipe, but I swear these little balls taste just like pecan pie! I could eat the whole batch in less than 10 minutes.
(For 30 balls)
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put dates in a small bowl and fill it with lukewarm water, covering all the dates.
- Let them soak for 30 minutes.
- Put almonds on a cookie sheet and bake them for 5-8 minutes (until they smell nutty), stirring them halfway.
- Remove almonds from oven and pour them on a plate to cool.
- After dates are done soaking, dump out the water and pit the dates.
- Once dates are all pitted and the almonds have mostly cooled, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until the mixture has very small chunks and turns into a sticky dough.
- Roll mixture into 1″ balls and store them in the refrigerator. Unless you’d rather just eat all the dough with a spoon (it’s very tempting!).
And there you go! Pecan pie balls without any pecans! These are just as good (if not better) than my frozen cocoa peanut butter balls!
- Clean Frozen Cocoa Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
- Clean Oatmeal Pumpkin Almond Cookie Recipe
- Clean Apple Crisp Recipe