(For about 15 rolls)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbs. plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. raw honey
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup dates, soaked for 30 minutes and pitted
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 Tbs. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients for the filling until it reaches a thick, paste-like consistency. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in yogurt a little bit at a time until mixture gets crumbly.
- Stir in milk and honey until the dough is soft and stretchy. (You might need more or less milk to make the dough stretchable)
- On a floured surface, roll or shape (I used my hands) the dough into a rectangle about 1/4″ thick.
- Spread filling onto the rectangle.
- Tightly roll up the rectangle into a cylinder.
- Cut into slices of desired size. (This will make 16 small cinnamon rolls, but you can make larger ones)
- Place rolls onto a greased cookie sheet or cake pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until they look golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and serve before they get cold!
The best part about these cinnamon rolls is how quick and easy they are to make! No yeast needed, so you don’t have to wait for them to rise. These are best eaten fresh out of the oven (just like any cinnamon rolls)! Even though there’s no frosting, don’t worry; these are sweet enough from the dates. These are so quick and easy to make, and everyone is sure to love them!
If you liked this recipe, ‘like’ The Slender Grapefruit on Facebook so you can see all my recipes as soon as they’re published!
- Clean Biscuits and Turkey Sausage Gravy Recipe
- Clean Pumpkin Pie Pancakes Recipe
- Clean Oatmeal Peanut Butter Banana Muffins Recipe