(For 12 muffins)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 cup chopped apple
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place paper liners in 12 muffin tins, or grease them very well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine almond milk, olive oil, vanilla, and honey until smooth.
- Fold egg whites into the wet mix.
- Add wet mix and apples to dry mix and stir until combined, but don’t over mix!
- Pour batter into each muffin tin, about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the muffins turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool a little. These taste great while warm!
- Clean Oatmeal Peanut Butter Banana Muffin Recipe
- Clean Apple Pie Oatmeal Balls Recipe
- Clean Apple Crisp Recipe