Thank you to Stacey Michelle for this homemade granola bars recipe! You can find the original recipe here. These are so easy to make, and taste great! Plus, they’re way healthier than store-bought granola bars, since they are completely free of sugar, preservatives, or chemicals. If you don’t add any other spices, seeds, or dried fruit, these have a slight taste of honey with a blend of almonds. Yum!
(For 16 bars)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates (soaked in water for about 30 minutes to soften)
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Raisins or other dried fruit (optional)
- Seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread almonds in a single layer on a baking dish and bake for 5 minutes.
- Stir the almonds around (try to flip them over) and bake an additional 5 minutes, until they turn darker brown and smell nutty.
- Remove almonds from the oven and let them cool.
- Put dates in food processor until they are chopped up.
- Combine oats, dates, and almonds in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey and peanut butter.
- Over low heat, stir the honey and peanut butter frequently until it melts and blends together.
- Pour honey and peanut butter liquid over the oat mix in the bowl, and stir until well blended.
- If desired, add cinnamon, raisins, or any other dried fruit, spice, nuts, or seeds you wish!
- Spread mixture evenly in a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Cover the top of the bars with parchment paper, wax paper, or plastic wrap, and press down to compact the ingredients.
- Place dish in the fridge for about 20 minutes before cutting.
- Store in a container in the fridge.
- Clean Oatmeal Breakfast Balls Recipe
- Clean Honey & Peanut Butter Protein Bars Recipe
- Clean Apple Pie Oatmeal Balls Recipe