Have you ever eaten way too much ice cream and it makes your stomach a little upset? Well, I did that last night because this ice cream was so good I couldn’t stop eating it!! I had two good-sized bowls, and I still have a ton left for tonight! I can’t wait to eat some more. It’s just so so so good! As long as you love peanut butter (who doesn’t??), you’ll LOVE this ice cream recipe!
Thanks to my awesome boyfriend for getting me a Cuisinart ice cream maker, I can finally make my own recipes! So, grab your ice cream maker, a spoon, and get ready to dig in and indulge!
(For 4 servings)
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 3/4 cup smooth all natural peanut butter
- 1-2 Tbs. honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Dark chocolate chips or chunks (to sprinkle on top)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients, except chocolate chips, until well-blended and smooth.
- Follow the directions on your ice cream maker. The directions for mine say to turn on the ice cream maker and then pour in the mix. It took about 12 minutes.
- If you like your ice cream soft-serve, go ahead and get a serving and sprinkle some chocolate chips on top!
- If you like your ice cream a little firmer, put it in a container in the freezer for a while until it’s how you like it. Then add chocolate chips, and eat up!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! I’m a peanut butter addict, so I couldn’t get enough of this ice cream. Try adding different ingredients instead of chocolate chips, such as almonds, raisins, or banana slices, and let me know what toppings you like best!