- 1/3 cup oats
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped or shredded
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Raisins (optional)
- Pecans (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine water, oats, carrots, cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Cook in the microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes, until it reaches a thick consistency.
- Stir in honey.
- Place bowl in fridge until mixture cools, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir remaining 1/2 tsp. vanilla into the yogurt.
- After the oat mixture has cooled, layer it with the yogurt in a small container, and top with raisins or pecans if desired.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes before eating.
Enjoy this for breakfast, a snack, or a clean dessert!! You can even make it the night before and keep it in the fridge for a quick breakfast. I layered mine in a small plastic container with a lid so I could make it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for a midnight snack.
- Dorm Recipe: Clean Oatmeal Breakfast Balls
- Dorm Recipe: Clean Apple Pie Oatmeal Balls
- Clean Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Recipe
- Clean Fruit & Yogurt Parfait Recipe