Last night I feasted on a delicious chicken quesadilla that had whole grain, veggies, and lean protein. With Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and no cheese, it’s sure to keep you slender! If you’re really craving cheese, just add a little; don’t go overboard!
Normally, a quesadilla would include flour tortillas loaded with cheese and topped with sour cream – not exactly the healthiest dinner idea. But I’ve slenderized it for you! You can still indulge in a tasty meal without any guilt.
This is a quick and easy recipe, so if you don’t have a lot of time or energy, no worries!
I have a quesadilla maker, but you could easily make these on the stove. Here’s how:
(for one quesadilla)
- Olive oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 whole wheat tortilla shells
- 1/2 cup peppers & onions (can be frozen or fresh)
- Plain nonfat Greek yogurt, salsa, guacamole (optional)
- Cheese (optional, only if you must have it)
- Lightly oil a pan with olive oil and warm it over medium heat.
- Grill chicken breast until fully cooked (temperature reaches 165°F)
- Salt and pepper chicken breast to taste.
- Cut up chicken into bite-sized pieces or shred it if possible.
- If using a quesadilla maker, plug it in and get it warm. If using a pan on the stove, get the pan warmed up. Do NOT use any oil. You don’t want soggy tortillas.
- Put down one tortilla shell and evenly spread the chicken, peppers, and onions. Put the other tortilla shell on top.
- Again, if using the quesadilla maker, just follow the directions for it (you won’t need to flip it). If using the stove, let each side of the quesadila brown up (you’ll have to flip it at least once to see how it’s browning).
- Once the tortillas are nice and toasted, set the quesadilla on a plate and let it cool a few minutes before cutting.
- Top with Greek yogurt, guacamole, or salsa.
This is by far my favorite dinner recipe, as well as my boyfriend’s. It’s just so quick, easy, and delicious. And the best part is, it’s healthy too!!